Toy Blocks
6x8 Acrylic on canvas
I was looking at these toy blocks that my father had and a block with a really cool dog stamped on it caught my eye. I decided to see if I could find enough blocks to spell the word dog and I eventually came up with this setup.
This painting is all about shadow and light, and some memories of happy childhood days.


2 comments:
I have some of these blocks somewhere in a box, in my studio too !!! Don't think I will be doing a highly skilled observational painting like yours though !! Such patience and committment. Saw your post on transferring images from one surface to another on the wet canvas printmaking forum so thought I would drop by to see what you were up to.
best wishes
Aine Scannell
(in Edinburgh, Scotland)
Thanks Aine! And thanks for dropping in. That old post must have been one of my experiments. I have a press now. I should get it out and do something with it!
Post a Comment